Impacket is an open source collection of modules written in Python for programmatically constructing and manipulating network protocols. Impacket contains several tools for remote service execution, Kerberos manipulation, Windows credential dumping, packet sniffing, and relay attacks.
|Enterprise||T1003||Credential Dumping||SecretsDump and Mimikatz modules within Impacket can perform credential dumping to obtain account and password information. |
|Enterprise||T1208||Kerberoasting||Impacket modules like GetUserSPNs can be used to get Service Principal Names (SPNs) for user accounts. The output is formatted to be compatible with cracking tools like John the Ripper and Hashcat. |
|Enterprise||T1171||LLMNR/NBT-NS Poisoning and Relay||Impacket modules like ntlmrelayx and smbrelayx can be used in conjunction with Network Sniffing and LLMNR/NBT-NS Poisoning and Relay to gather NetNTLM credentials for Brute Force or relay attacks that can gain code execution. |
|Enterprise||T1040||Network Sniffing||Impacket can be used to sniff network traffic via an interface or raw socket. |
|Enterprise||T1035||Service Execution||Impacket contains various modules emulating other service execution tools such as PsExec. |
|Enterprise||T1047||Windows Management Instrumentation||Impacket's wmiexec module can be used to execute commands through WMI. |
Groups That Use This Software
|G0074||Dragonfly 2.0||  |
- SecureAuth. (n.d.). Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- US-CERT. (2018, March 16). Alert (TA18-074A): Russian Government Cyber Activity Targeting Energy and Other Critical Infrastructure Sectors. Retrieved June 6, 2018.
- US-CERT. (2017, October 20). Alert (TA17-293A): Advanced Persistent Threat Activity Targeting Energy and Other Critical Infrastructure Sectors. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- Core Security. (n.d.). Impacket. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- PwC and BAE Systems. (2017, April). Operation Cloud Hopper: Technical Annex. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Falcone, R. and Lancaster, T.. (2019, May 28). Emissary Panda Attacks Middle East Government Sharepoint Servers. Retrieved July 9, 2019.