Exploit SS7 to Track Device Location
Network carriers may be able to use firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), or Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) to detect and/or block SS7 exploitation. The CSRIC also suggests threat information sharing between telecommunications industry members.
- Tobias Engel. (2014, December). SS7: Locate. Track. Manipulate.. Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- Tobias Engel. (2008, December). Locating Mobile Phones using SS7. Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- 3GPP. (2000, January). A Guide to 3rd Generation Security. Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- Positive Technologies. (n.d.). SS7 Attack Discovery. Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- Communications Security, Reliability, Interoperability Council (CSRIC). (2017, March). Working Group 10 Legacy Systems Risk Reductions Final Report. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- Bill Marczak, John Scott-Railton, Siddharth Prakash Rao, Siena Anstis, and Ron Deibert. (2020, December 1). Running in Circles Uncovering the Clients of Cyberespionage Firm Circles. Retrieved December 23, 2020.